Friday, March 14, 2014

MONOCLES??? REALLY???

Trends are funny things.  I'm always curious who starts them and how do they catch on?  The New York Times reported last week that monocles are the new and hottest fashion accessory.  This is the first I've even heard about this and I have yet to see droves of young hipsters walking down the street with these one eyed marvels but I'll take their word for it.  A San Francisco based retailer was quoted in the article as saying that his sales of monocles have tripled in the last year.  His main customer you ask?  Men who are opting to sport the monocles instead of dollar store reading glasses.  What I say to that is invest in a custom pair of reading glasses.  They make a much better statement!  Considering the fact that this blog is called 4 Eyed And Fabulous and not 3 Eyed And Fabulous I'm going to have to give a thumbs down to this so called trend.When it comes to eyewear I'm more Sir Elton John and less Mr. Peanut.  Although if Tom Ford comes out with a monocle I may have to reconsider.

No comments:

Post a Comment